DISCLAIMER

The contents of this blog are solely meant for information & education purpose only.These may be the basis of actual treatment, but not necessarily. Information from other websites and journals are also included. So the author is not responsible for any inaccuracy,loss, or damage that may arise due to the use of these informations published here. I do respect copyright & always give credits to the original author(s) and thankful to them. Inspite of my utmost effort and care there can be human error. If anyone finds any violation of copyright please inform me at anesthesiatoday@gmail.com and necessary action will be taken soon as possible.
My blog is also non-commercial.



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE MYSTERIOUS SOUL!

Believe it or not, it happened  and it is true...........
During my tenure as lecturer in a teaching institution, i was posted on  rotation to emergency OT. The busy OT list went upto 3 am early morning and i was too sleepy and tired,to attend the last patient for appendicectomy. I told my junior to proceed with the case and then took rest for some time.  Immediately i fell asleep. Now i could see somebody trying to wake me up from sleep.I got up,  half asleep and, surprised to see a new face, a middle aged man with beard, in  khaki coloured pants  and white shirt. I thought he may be a newly appointed ward attendant or any staff from some other department,whom i have not met before.  Since the lights were switched off ,and  the corridoor lights were not powerful, his identity was also not very clear. and.......
he was telling,  Doctor;  you rush immediately to A and E, there is a serious case admitted with head injury, who just had a  road traffic accident. This time i am really confused and i checked my pager for any missed call registration but nothing was there. But as a routine the A and E staff is calling the anaesthetist over phone, to attend the emergencies, in case the pager fails. Rarely do they send a person to OT, and persons coming to OT are  supposed to  change their  dress also. But this person was not in OT uniform at all! After all it is impossible for some body to come inside the OT  without the permission from  the staff as the doors are closed and locked from inside, and if this is the case the staff should have called me  first. I thought i might have missed the phone call from emergency department as i was in deep sleep, and so they sent this person. I opened my cupboard to take  my stethescope and emergency kit and turned to him but... he had already disappeared. I rushed to A and E  and noticed on the way that all doors were still remaining closed.
                               I had a totally different experience when i reached A and E as i couldnt find any patient and the atmosphere is totally silent. One sister is sleeping on the desk and she has not even noticed the  loud alarm from a steriliser. I woke up the sister and asked, any emergency?  She was very much angry and told me,  what happened to you doctor? are you crazy? did you receive any code alert? why you are disturbing others at this time?  I cursed my fate, may be it is a dream, and expressed sorry to sister,and walked out. But suddenly one ambulance arrived and stopped, and the attendants took out a body soaked with blood. Now  i could hear the sister shouting , doctor your patient has come;  attend and go., so i immediately attended.
I was shocked and trembling to look at the face, and i couldnt believe my eyes!!         IT WAS THE SAME PERSON WHOM I MET IN OT! He was gasping and had sustained severe  head injury. Immediate intubation , CT scan and evacuation of extradural hematoma was done.Patient was on ventilator for 5 days and discharged after3 weeks  but couldnt recall anything following the accident.
                        Your mind or thoughts can be influenced by others , especially during emergencies.The already dead or dying can also control your mind or consciousness. But how? nobody knows. Psychologists call this phenomenon as telepathic transmission of thoughts or dual personality or multiple personality.The scientific basis is still unknown. Have you heard that people are conversing with souls using ojo board? how it is possible?     Still i dont know.

OT:     Operation Theatre
keen about ojoboard? watch the link: http://ojoboards.blogspot.com/      

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I full agree that somethings like this can happen. There is someone to whom we pray and he looks after us. He knows how to move his instruments around.
Dr Anil Safaya
Ibri, Oman

Senu Eapen Thomas, Poovathoor said...

A Bram Stoker Story....

Anonymous said...

Oh what a mystery!

Unknown said...

I seriously dont know what to say.....I am shocked...........few of the sisters of our hospital used to say that they see dead people...but I dont know,I cant believe it unless and until I get a personal experience...I think God has given some special powers to some people like u to communicate with souls....I guess U r lucky if its true....

Dr.Sreedhanya Sreehari